Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Teeny Eggplant Pizzas

   I've been searching for eggplants for months, y'all! I can't even tell you how pumped I was to finally find one at the Super HEB in Kyle. That place is a wonderland by the way... I think I could live there. Anyway, I saw these guys on pinterest a few months back and was inspired! I decided to give them a whirl for myself... Let me tell you, they did not disappoint. Though a fork is recommended, these teeny eggplant pizzas completely satisfied my pizza craving - in a vegan/organic/gluten-free way! They also fit in for my challenge of 2 vegetarian meals a week! Here ya go!


TEENY EGGPLANT PIZZAS
So obviously these guys aren't difficult to make, so get creative! Pile on your favorite pizza toppings and go crazy! You don't even have to feel guilty about it.

Ingredients:
-1 Eggplant, sliced into 1/3 inch thick rounds
-tomato sauce
-olive oil
-cheeses of your choice (I used Mozzarella and my fave, Feta)
-toppings of your choice (challenge yourself to keep it vegetarian, I dare you!)
-italian seasoning

Directions:
1. Preheat ove to 375 degrees
2. Brush a little bit of olive oil on the eggplant rounds, but don't go crazy because they are SUPER absorbent little plants!
3. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes
4. Pull out of the oven and add a couple of tablespoons for tomato sauce to the tops of eggplant rounds
5. Spread cheese and toppings
6. Sprinkle with italian seasoning
7. Bake until cheese is melty and veggie toppings are soft


No comments:

Post a Comment