Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Healthy Strudel... Yes, it exists!

     So I've ALWAYS had a sweet-tooth. Candy, cookies, cake, you name it are my weaknesses. Even the majority of my snacks now, with my healthy eating, are fruit, cause they're sweet! I have this issue, too, where I ALWAYS crave something sweet right after dinner. It's like dessert is embedded in my genetic code. Okay, that was super nerdy... ANYWAY. Y'all, I created a HEALTHY STRUDEL. I know... You're like WTF, why are you so pumped, Maude?! Cause they're amazing. like one of the best things I've ever created. And they're good for you. And they're fast. And they're cheap. I could go on... If you don't love these things after you make them... Well you're probably just a freak... :)

FRUIT STRUDEL WITH GREEK YOGURT "ICING"
*MAKES 4!
Ingredients:
-1 can IMMACULATE brand crescent rolls (THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT BECAUSE CRESCENT ROLLS BY ANY OTHER COMPANY SUCK AND ARE MADE FROM WHITE FLOUR AND TRANS FAT!!!)
-1 tsp. coconut oil
-2 c. Cherries & Blueberries (I used the organic frozen ones!) or Strawberries
-1 Banana (sliced into rounds)
-3/4 c. greek yogurt (plain or you can use vanilla/honey and not add the vanilla and honey!)
-3 tbsp. honey (1 1/2 if using flavored greek yogurt)
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 c. walnuts or nuts of choice
-handful of flour

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat
3. Add coconut oil
4. Add berries of choice & banana
5. Stir for 1 minute
6. Add 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
7. Add cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
8. continue to sautee until has texture like jam or jelly 
9. Unroll crescent rolls onto floured cutting board, using a floured rolling pin or makeshift rolling pin (can, wine bottle, etc.) flatten out the crescent rolls until big enough to handle a few tablespoons of fruit mixture in center
10. place a few tablespoons (or load em up full!) of the fruit mixture into the center of 4 of the crescent rolls
11. Place another roll on top and seal edges using a fork
12. Bake until golden brown (mine took about 8 minutes)
13. In a small mixing bowl, combine greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla
14. Use this mixture to spread over strudels when they are done baking
15. Sprinkle nuts over top
16. Make all the time because they're that good...


No comments:

Post a Comment