Monday, March 3, 2014

Pineapple Mango Salsa

     Holy guacamole. The past few days have been BUSY. Between school and work, I hardly find a minute to myself. I was SO thankful to find out my last class was cancelled tonight, so I would get to come home and spend a little down time with my man! When I got home, Mason had already begun making dinner for us. I am so lucky!
      He never ceases to amaze me with his ever-growing cooking skills, too. Though I'm formally trained, Mason has never had trouble keeping up in the kitchen. We both have a passion and preference for fresh and healthy food, so we make a great team as far as meals are concerned! He holds me accountable and splits dish duty with me
     Tonight Mason made Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple Mango Salsa, over brown and wild rice with some beautiful avocado to compliment it all. I got to watch him work his magic and get his recipe to share with y'all. :)



PINEAPPLE-MANGO SALSA 

**serves 4 on fish** 

Ingredients:
1/4 c. diced pineapple
2 tbsp. pineapple juice
1/4 c. yellow corn
1/2 small tomato, diced
1/2 large mango, diced
1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/4-1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
1 large handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 small lime, juiced
(optional: 1 small avocado, diced)



Directions:
1. Using a satay pan on med-high, grill pineapple on one side for 2 mines, flip and grill for another 2-3 minutes or until begins to brown
2. Combine all ingredients in  a medium mixing bowl
3. Let refrigerate for at least 1 hour 
   
     This salsa recipe is AMAZING on any kind of fresh fish, or even just as a snack with chips. Super fresh and packed with nutrients, you seriously cannot go wrong here. 

GINGER-SOY MAHI-MAHI
Marinade:
     Combine the following ingredients with a whisk in a small mixing bowl, pour over 24 oz. (four filet, 6 oz. each) Mahi-Mahi filet, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
-3 tbsp. honey
-3 tbsp. soy sauce
-3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-1 tsp. (or one frozen cube) fresh ginger
-2 tsp. olive oil

To pan sear:
1. Heat large pan over med-high heat
2. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, allow to heat until begins to smoke slightly
3. Add fish
4. Cook filet for about 3 minutes or until underside is seared brown
5. Flip and reduce heat to medium
6. Cook for 4 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees
7. Remove from heat and let sit 3 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment