Monday, February 24, 2014

Veggie Chicken Pesto Pasta

     This one goes out to my girl Dez who asked me to blog this recipe after seeing the picture I posted of it last week on Facebook! 
     As absolutely amazing as this dish looks, its actually something I threw together pretty quickly. Mason and I were running low on groceries but we had some random things and we threw them together and it ended up being delicious and chock full of all of the nutrients you need.





Veggie Chicken Pesto Pasta: Serves 4

**I put veggie first cause I always believe vegetables are more important than meat!**

Gather:
-1 Box Whole Wheat bow tie pasta
-1 jar/tub of basil pesto 
-1.5 lbs. chicken
-1 c. Italian Dressing
-1 Bell Pepper (diced)
-1/2 onion (diced)
-1 small zucchini (sliced)
-1 small yellow squash (sliced)
-1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes (diced)
-2 tsp. olive oil
-1 tsp. salt
-Parmesan cheese for topping 

Put it together:
1) Remove fat from chicken if there is any
2) Marinate chicken in Italian Dressing in a ziplock bag for at least 1 hours
3) Bring large pot of water to boil, add 1 tsp. olive oil and salt 
4) Heat skillet to med-high heat and add olive oil
5) Satay veggies for 5 minutes or until softened
6) Add pasta to boiling water (cook to specifications on box), drain and place in mixing bowl
7) Cook chicken until internal temperature meets 165 degrees (I always check my meat with a meat thermometer) **I use my George Foreman Grill, but this can also be done using skillet**
8) Slice chicken into strips
9) In the mixing bowl containing the pasta, add the pesto and stir until pasta is coated
10) Add veggies & chicken 
11) Top with Parmesan cheese
12) Enjoy with a whole grain roll :)


No comments:

Post a Comment