Friday, September 25, 2015

Couscous

Hey friends,
You hungry? Get there, cause this is good. I found a way to a man's heart. It's couscous. I've recently come up with a great way to use all the left-over veggies in my fridge! As we all know (lol, yeah right), couscous is not grain, but rather tiny balls of pasta. Pasta pretty much always = delicious (yeah, you did know that). I find this a great go-to side because it's ready to eat in about 15 minutes and you can throw just about any veggie in and end up with something wonderful. I use whole wheat couscous, but that's up to you.

What you need:
1 tsp. olive oil or butter
1 c. whole wheat couscous
1 1/3 c. broth or water
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 yellow onion (or 2 medium sized shallots) diced
salt n' peppa
veggies of your choice
I usually use: asparagus, peas, corn, bell peppers, edamame (or any mix of these)

How you do it:
In a medium sized pot, satay your onions and garlic in the oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes, throw in your veggies, let them soften a bit (5 ish minutes), add your broth. Bring to a rolling boil and take off heat. Add your couscous, stir and let sit for 5 minutes. You're done. Eat your heart out.

Yes it really is that easy.
Yes it really will make men fall in love with you.
Not so sure about the ladies... Let me know, guys. 

Maude 

No comments:

Post a Comment